• Auto
  • Homeowmers
  • Life
  • Motorcycle
  • Auto
  • Homeowners
  • Life
  • Motorcycle


Newsletter Sign Up

MIIAB - Trusted Choice


Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I'm in an accident?
1. Check all parties for injuries and call the Police.
2. Make sure you have proof of insurance and proof of registration in the vehicle.
3. Do not discuss the details of the accident with anyone but the police officer.
4. Be sure you get the name, address, phone number, insurance company, and policy number of the other party(s).
5. Do not move your vehicle unless it is causing danger to other drivers.
6. Remain calm.
Back to Top

What do you need to add a driver to my policy?

We need the Full name of the driver, date of birth and their driver's license number.
Back to Top

What do you need to provide proof of insurance to someone?

For a certificate of insurance, we need the name and address of the person or company requesting proof.
If the fax number is available, we can fax the proof to them.
Back to Top

How soon can you mail out a certificate of insurance?

Typically within 24 hours.
Back to Top

What information is required to add a vehicle to my policy?

We need the year, make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), date purchased, purchase price, who will be driving the vehicle, what the vehicle will be used for and where the vehicle will be garaged (zip code).
Back to Top

What information do I need to turn in an automobile claim?

You will need the date of loss, a brief factual description of the loss, location of the vehicle and loss location, names, addresses and phone numbers of parties involved, description of other property damaged, police (city) who responded and case # assigned.
Back to Top

What information do I need to turn in a homeowners loss/claim?

You will need the date of loss, a brief factual description of the loss, and any measures you have taken to prevent further damage.
Back to Top

What is the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002?

This Act provides a mechanism through which commercial policyholders can be assured of payment of losses for terrorist acts as defined in the Act which will show a separate line item in the declarations. Under the Act, the cap on payment for all losses combined is $100 billion annually. The Act expired on December 31, 2005.
Back to Top

Why do Insurance Companies run a credit score?

The use of credit history helps provide a consistent tool to look at every risk. It does not discriminate against any specific group of customers. The results usually help each customer pay his or her fair share of premium for insurance.
Back to Top

Do I have to purchase the additional insurance when renting a vehicle or does my own policy cover a rental car?

In the State of Minnesota your liability coverages extend to a rental vehicle.
Back to Top

Can I pay my insurance via credit card?

Depending on which insurance company you are insured with you can pay by credit card.
Back to Top

Does my child get a discount if he/she has good grades in school?

Most companies allow a significant discount to the car the child is assigned to for maintaining a 3.0 grade average. A copy of the most recent report card is required as proof.
Back to Top

Do I get a discount on my Homeowners insurance if I have a security system?

Yes, the discount ranges from 5-20% of your annual premium.
Back to Top

May I insure a vehicle I do not own?

Every personally owned vehicle should be insured by the titled owner.
Back to Top

What is your address and how do I get to your office?

We are conveniently located at 11923 Central Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55434. For a map and directions, please click here.
Back to Top

Insurance Provided

Licensed in the following States

  • Minnesota
  • Arizona
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Kansas
  • Missouri
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Wisconsin

11923 Central Avenue NE, Blaine, MN 55434 | Tel: 763-792-3555 | Fax: 763-792-3560 | Beth@fcinsure.com